The new generation Mazak Horizontal Machining Centers combine advanced technology, productivity, and value. A variety of pallet sizes - from 400 mm x 400 mm (15.74” x 15.74”) to 800 mm x 800 mm (31.50” x 31.50”) － are available to meet your production requirements.
What is Horizontal Machining?
Horizontal Machining, also known as milling, relies on rotary cutters to remove metal from a workpiece. Horizontal machining occurs on a horizontal machining center (HMC), which employs a spindle that is parallel to the ground floor. With a horizontally oriented spindle, tools stick out of the side of the tool holder and cut across the side of a workpiece, encouraging chips to fall away from the table. Horizontal machining centers also allow for two-pallet changer integration to facilitate unattended operation and reduce part cycle times.
The benefits of Mazak Horizontal Machining Centers
- Rigid designs allow for fast acceleration and increased repeatability
- Large tool storage capacities enable increased part-production versatility
- Various spindle speed and torque selections for materials ranging from aluminum to titanium
- 3-, 4- and 5-axis capabilities for infinite possibilities as to the part shapes you can process
- MX Hybrid Roller Guides provide durability and reliability for long-term accuracy
- A two-pallet changer comes standard on most models to increase spindle utilization
- On-board probing for part location and feature inspection within the cutting cycle
- User-friendly CNC controls simplify programming and increase productivity
- Configured for robot integration to facilitate unattended machining (loading/unloading)
- Integrate with the Mazak Palletech System for unattended “lights out” operation