The Variaxis series, simultaneous 5-axis machining centers, are designed for high-speed and high-accuracy machining of multiple-surface. The Vortex series are designed to machine large, complex workpieces such as aerospace components thanks to the ±40 degree tilting/rotary spindle. The Versatech V series are designed to provide unsurpassed productivity in the machining of very large workpieces thanks to the spindle head that can position to the vertical and horizontal positions and any angle in between.
What is 5-Axis Machining?
5-axis machining provides infinite possibilities as to the part sizes and shapes you can effectively process. The term “5-axis” refers to the number of directions in which the cutting tool can move. On a 5-axis machining center, the cutting tool moves across the X, Y and Z linear axes as well as rotates on the A and B axes to approach the workpiece from any direction. In other words, you can process five sides of a part in a single setup.
Mazak 5-Axis Machining Centers benefits
- Machine complex shapes in a single setup for increased productivity
- Save time and money with less fixture preparation
- Boost throughput and cash flow, while shortening lead times
- Higher part accuracy because the workpiece does not move across multiple workstations
- Ability to use shorter cutting tools for higher cutting speeds and less tool vibrations
- Achieve superior surface finishes and overall better part quality