New generation Mazak CNC Turning Centers combine advanced technology, productivity, and value. A wide variety of machine specifications － from 2-axis models to turning centers with rotary tool spindle and second spindle - is available to meet your production requirements. The Cybertech Turn series are equipped with powerful 50HP spindle, 12-tool drum turret, and convenient NC tailstock that realizes considerable reduction of setup time for large diameter, long shaft workpieces. The Slant Turn Nexus series are designed to efficiency machine large, long shaft workpieces.
What is CNC Turning?
Turning is a machining process used to make cylindrical parts, where the cutting tool moves in a linear fashion while the workpiece rotates. Commonly performed with a lathe, turning reduces the diameter of a workpiece, typically to a specified dimension, and produces a smooth part finish. A turning center is a lathe with a computer numerical control. Sophisticated turning centers can also perform a variety of milling and drilling operations.
Mazak CNC Turning Center benefits
- High-torque, high-speed turning and milling spindles provide fast, accurate and aggressive metal removal capabilities
- Second spindles offer back-side finishing or sequential part processing
- Rotary tool spindles deliver the milling, drilling and tapping performance of a machining center
- Twin spindle, twin turret configurations provide innovative part-processing opportunities
- Full circumference C-axis headstock brake designs
- Y-axis functionality offers greater range of part geometry machining
- Powerful, built-in NC controlled tailstocks allow for automated processes
- MX Hybrid Roller Guides provide durability and reliability for long-term accuracy
- Optional long boring bar deep-hole capability offer extremely productive machining
- User-friendly, high functionality CNC controls simplify programming and increase productivity
- Bar feeder, gantry loader and articulating robot compatibility increases production and enables lights-out operations