The exceptionally productive 5-axis Mazak HCR-5000 horizontal machining center provides industries ranging from aerospace to medical with numerous technological innovations to improve small to mid-sized component machining.
|Structural Aerospace Part
|High Speed roughing with 18000 rpm, 47 HP spindle
5-axis profiling using Tool Center Point Control – G43.4 for easy simultaneous 5-axis machining
SMC settings allow for Machine Tuning between 3+2 or full 5-axis movements for roughing and finishing.
|Dovetail Fixture and prep on Part
|MAZATROL SmoothX CNC
In addition to its standard 12,000-rpm spindle, the Mazak HCR-5000 offers several high-speed spindle options up to 30,000 rpm, all of which feature integral spindle/motors. The machine also has ballscrew core cooling to minimize thermal growth and achieve higher accuracy. A 40-tool Auto Tool Changer (ATC), with optional magazines up to 160-tool capacity, further boosts productivity with a chip-to-chip tool change time of only 2.8 seconds. Plus, automation options such as 2-pallet changers or full PALLETECH systems can easily minimize non-cut time and improve overall process efficiency.
- Integral spindle/motor design minimizes vibration
- 12,000, 18,000, 25,000 and 30,000 rpm spindle options
- Linear roller guides on X, Y and Z axes
- X-, Y- and Z-axis ballscrew core cooling for machine stability
- Base X-axis construction and high-rigidity bed ensure high-accuracy positioning
- Center trough with chip conveyor for fast and efficient chip evacuation
- Tilt/rotary table for 0.0001-degree increment positioning
- Automatic tool changer (ATC) options to 160 tools
- 2.8 second chip-to-chip ATC time
- Automatic two pallet changer (2PC), Multi-pallet Pool (MPP) and PALLETECH are all available
- Standard large-capacity coolant tank