Mazak Variaxis i-600 plus Mazak MPP - aerospace component machining and automation system demonstration
Mazak Variaxis i-600
The Mazak Variaxis i-600 is a highly versatile full, simultaneous 5-axis vertical machining center that performs multiple and complex curved surface machining on small and medium-sized workpieces in single setups.
The machine falls within Mazak's DONE IN ONE concept by incorporating all processes from raw material input through final machining in just one machine. As such, the machine reduces production lead times, improves machining accuracy and lowers operating expenses.
The machine also offers high levels of productivity via extremely fast, high-rigidity spindles that can handle a wide variety of applications, from heavy-duty cutting to high-speed cutting of aluminum and other nonferrous material.
The Mazak MPP (Multi Pallet Pool) is an automatic operation system for small volume production.
The MPP is designed to meet the increasing worldwide demand for pallet handling automation in a compact footprint. Providing high productivity for high-mix, low batch production, the MPP is configurable to specific requirements.
3 key benefits:
- Compact floor space for multiple pallet stocker
- Possible to expand the initial MPP installation to meet increasing production requirements
- The MPP utilises the same software as the Mazak FMS system, which is highly regarded worldwide for its ease of operation and high productivity
Mazak’s MPP can best be used when:
- Automation is required on a limited scale
- Limited floor space prevents a system with a horizontal pallet stocker from being installed
- The MPP is possible as a ‘retrofit’ to an existing machine
Application: Aerospace component
Size: 400 × 300 × 300 mm