Create and Edit Mazatrol Programs on your computer
MazaCAM also includes the Mazatrol Off-line Editor. The Editor lets users write new, or edit existing Mazatrol programs, in Mazatrol. Because the Mazatrol Editor is a Windows® based application, it takes full advantage of the Windows® features such as copy/paste and pop-up menus. Some features the Editor gives the user are additional to those on the Mazatrol control. Here is a brief overview of the Mazatrol Editor:
- Cut and Paste between programs:
- individual lines
- a Mazatrol process-unit
- a shape
- the entire program
- Insert lines:
- like the Mazak
- before the current line (unlike the Mazak)
- after the current line (unlike the Mazak)
- Plot the part shape, similar to 'shape check' on the Mazatrol control, except the Editor automatically highlights the geometry of the part you have placed the cursor at.
- Pop-Up Menus prompt you through the programming process.
- Scroll Bars help you navigate swiftly through your program, instead of only 'up' and 'down' buttons.
- Mazatrol Prompting helps you write your Mazatrol program by defining what data is needed for the field you are entering the value for.
- Backplot Mazatrol programs to a Geopath CAD file, at this point the program is converted as geometry in a CAD file with tooling information. At this point the CAD file can be output as G-code for other machines*. (*A full MazaCAM package with the CAD/CAM is required to do this.)