Mazak Multi-Tasking has revolutionised manufacturing and plays a critical role in today’s factories. Mazak continues to pioneer the machine tool technology that provides single-setup complete part machining, or DONE IN ONE processing from raw material to finished part.
Besides the amazing gains in productivity, Mazak Multi-Tasking technology has catapulted machine shops, especially smaller ones, to levels where they can easily machine the most complex parts in the world and do so cost-effectively.
With the industry’s most expansive product range, Mazak Multi-Tasking machine configurations can pack second turning spindles, multiple tool turrets with rotary tool stations, Y-axis off-centerline capability, tilt/rotary B-axis milling spindles, rotary/tilt tables and large capacity tool magazines.
What is Multi-Tasking?
Multi-Tasking is when you combine several cutting processes, including turning, milling, drilling, tapping and deep-hole boring, on one machine as opposed to having those same processes handled by multiple machines.
Mazak Multi-Tasking machines have the ability to mill, turn, drill and hob part features with high accuracy and high quality, while also significantly reducing setup time by performing most or all of a part’s machining in one cycle. Combining operations also reduces inaccuracies that can occur when moving parts across multiple workstations, as well as eliminates work-in-process inventory that might otherwise linger between standalone machine tools. In fact, the benefits of Mazak Multi-Tasking machines are so great, Mazak use them in their own manufacturing facilities to make other Mazaks.
Why Mazak Multi-Tasking?
- Industry’s widest range of machine configurations (Five Levels of Multi-Tasking), many with standardised automation
- DONE IN ONE single-setup complete part production
- Pioneer and experienced user of Multi-Tasking technology in their own factories
- The industry’s most expansive installation base
- Most advanced CNC in the industry designed for Multi-Tasking
- Significant reductions in production lead times and part costs
- Improved machining accuracy and overall part quality
- Increased capacity, flexibility, productivity and profitability
- Improved cash flow by producing parts on demand
- Cost benefits such as reduced part costs via fewer fixtures, tools and labor requirements
- Increased cutting times, but not labour costs
- Added floor space by doing more using less machines
- Automatic load/unload integrated with machining cycle for unattended operation
- Achieve shorter payment cycles, increased throughput and more
A Solution for Every Application
Whether you are producing small parts with unit cycle times of under a minute or large, complex components that require a full week of machining, Mazak have a Multi-Tasking solution to increase your efficiency, flexibility and productivity. In fact, with more than 90 configurations from which to choose, Mazak offer the largest selection of advanced, highly versatile Multi-Tasking models in the world to ensure the lowest cost of ownership.
Read More Mazak Multi-Tasking Articles:
- Beat the manufacturing clock with Mazak’s Multi-Tasking machines
- How much could your machine shop benefit with Mazak’s DONE IN ONE processing?
- Why Multi-Tasking?
- Get more DONE IN ONE with Mazak Multi-Tasking
- Mazak Multi-Tasking machines - accomplish more with less
- Busting myths about Multi-Tasking
- Five Levels of Multi-Tasking
- Six Multi-Tasking Machine Design Advancements Important for Job Shops