The Ultra-Fast Quad-Laser System with a Large Building Volume.
Additive manufacturing system for the industrial production of high-quality metal parts.
Designed for industrial applications, the EOS M 400-4 offers a large building volume of 400 x 400 x 400 mm combined with four lasers for up to four times higher productivity.
It shatters boundaries of manufacturing as it meets the most demanding requirements of modern production environments in terms of efficiency, scalability, usability and process monitoring. The modular platform design can easily be integrated into existing production environments and flexible consolidated with future innovation.
Productivity in a new dimension
While the “sister system" EOS M 400 runs with a single 1000W laser, the EOS M 400-4 multiplies the capacity of the EOS M 290, both ensuring proven DMLS quality. All EOS M 290 processes can be transferred to the EOS m 400-4 while retaining equivalent part properties
EOS M 400-4: Four lasers for more productivity
Building volume plus speed
- Large building volume of 400 x 400 x 400 mm with four 400 watt lasers operating independently
- The four precise 400 watt fiber lasers operate in a 250 mm x 250 mm square each with an overlap area of 50 mm
- High build rate of 100 cm³/h
4 Lasers – First-class DMLS quality
- Exceptional beam and power stability provides highest DMLS part quality
- All processes running on the EOS M 290 can be transferred to the EOS M 400-4 and deliver equivalent part properties.
- New EOS ClearFlow Technology ensures consistent process gas management for ideal build conditions
- Extensive monitoring features ensure high process stability and part quality
High productivity platform with smart process flow
- Wide range of materials: from light metals to stainless and tool steels to superalloys
- Easy handling through a high degree of automation in workflow and operation
- Intuitive user interface, flexible software tools and a variety of additional equipment fulfill industrial production requirements
|EOS M 400-4 - Industrial 3D Printer for Metal Parts|
|Building volume||400 mm x 400 mm x 400 mm (15.8 x 15.8 x 15.8 in), including build plate|
|Laser type||Yb-fiber laser; 4 x 400 W|
|Precision optics||4 F-theta-lenses; 4 high-speed scanners|
|Scan speed||up to 7.0 m/s (23 ft/s)|
|Focus diameter||approx. 100 µm (0.004 in)|
|Power supply||3 x 50 A|
|Power consumption||max. 45 kW / typical 22 kW|
|Compressed air||7,000 hPa; 20 m³/h (102 psi; 706 ft³/h)|
|System Dimensions (W x D x H)||4,181 mm x 1,613 mm x 2,355 mm (164.6 x 63.5 x 92.7 in)|
|Recommended installation space (W x D x H)||min. 6.5 m x 6 m x 3.3 m (256 x 236 x 130 in)|
|Weight||approx. 4,835 kg (10,659 lb)|
|Software||EOS RP Tools; EOSPRINT; EOS ParameterEditor; EOSTATE Everywhere; EOSTATE PowderBed; Materialise Magics RP and modules|
|Optional accessoires||EOSTATE Laser, IPM M Powder Station L*, IPM M UnpackStation L*|
* Currently under development