Roboguide is a robot system animation tool specifically developed for the production and maintenance of robot systems. It can be used both in offices and on the factory floor.
As the Australian market continues to suffer from skilled labour shortages and the focus on OH&S grows, customers are coming to John Hart Automation and Robotics to discuss new and more productive FANUC robot solutions.
A valuable tool that greatly assists the development and demonstration of these solutions is the FANUC 3D robot simulation package Roboguide. Roboguide is a cost effective software package that enables our engineers to design, prove and program robot systems in real time, either concurrently in a new product design or for making modifications to existing equipment or programs.
Roboguide provides John Hart engineers with the tools needed to develop and test a complete robotic application in a 3D environment without the time and costs associated with developing a prototype work cell.
For customers who are considering automation, Roboguide can quickly and easily provide reliable and accurate information about a given application. This helps in reducing the amount of time taken to design and test a solution, and speeds up the assessment of a project’s viability.
Roboguide can import unique CAD models of process parts and create a virtual work cell which includes machinery, part transfer devices and factory obstacles. Roboguide will then teach robot paths to simulate the operation and performance of the robotic application taking into account the physical obstacles.
Also simulated in Roboguide’s 3D environment is reach verification, collision detection, accurate cycle time estimates and other visual system operations. These functions can be used to produce a simulation video to help evaluate and approve a project.
Whether it is to assist design, simulate, install or commission a robotic system, JHA&R apply these technologies to a wide range of applications in areas such as material handling, machine tending, picking, packing, palletising and material removal.
- Animation tool easily enables a quick and low cost verification of robot application systems
- Easy to create the environment for devices and machines. Special skills are not required.
- Program creation using animation
- Extreme reduction of start-up time and maintenance time by offline check in a shop floor
- Standard Package which supports various robot application
- Robot application specific package with high operationability
Cell calibration and user frame
ROBOGuide automatically creates reference programs in order to calibrate the simulation to the real robot system. Three taught robot positions allow adjusting the entire process.
Collision detection feature to get a visual warning in case of collisions during the robot simulation
Easy Programming of standard
Application software packages can be selected and configured with ROBOGUIDE. This reduces system cost and drastic accelerates system start up.
Easy to use, powerful offline programming software
- ROBOGUIDE allows powerful programming with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- Cell Layout and Cycle Time can be tested Offline
- Virtual controller technology for true cycle times and reach
- All robot models can be simulated. ArcTool, SpotTool and HandlingTool application software can be selected and configured.
- Easy to use with Virtual Teach Pendant (Same menus & displays as the real robot)
- Offline programming speeds system integration and reduces system cost
- Cycle time profiler, collision detection & work envelop display
- Motion trace displayed as node map; AVI video file output
- Import of work pieces, tools, fixtures and obstacles in IGES format
graphical and video display of robot programs
- Motion trace displayed during testing
- AVI video file output possible
- Graphical output of results for quick documentation and decision making
Import of CAD data in IGES format
Imported formats help build system layouts and evaluate system operation quickly and comprehensively.
The teach pendant program profiler analyses the timing of each program line in order to achieve best cycle times.
Virtual teach pendant
- Easy to use with same menus & displays as the real robot
- No special training necessary